This position is eligible for American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds which includes a one-time $750.00 sign-on bonus payable after the completion of 90 days of employment as well as a monthly stipend of up to $694.50 which is based upon the hours worked in the previous month. These funds are guaranteed through June 30, 2023.
At Child & Family, we hold two core beliefs. That individuals and communities thrive when supported by strong families and that a community works best when it accepts responsibility for all of its members. These beliefs influence everything we do and have guided our growth since we first opened our doors in 1866.
The Case Manager is primarily responsible for the Home Study and provides weekly face to face Mentoring and Case Management services to foster children including, advocating on behalf of the child and family, and monitoring progress in each case to ensure services are delivered to the foster child.
Provide community linkages, referring children for counseling, psychiatric and psychological services and coordinate services and service planning with other agencies and providers involved with the child, establishing a formal process for case reviews and information transfer between agencies and referral sources.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hours: 37.5 per week
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work in conjunction with Foster Parent Supervisor on behavioral and clinical support to foster parents. Co-facilitate quarterly Treatment Care Plan Meetings.
- Visit with clients in person at minimum weekly and or as clinically indicated to accomplish the following:
- On-going assessment of the provision of quality care to children in the home.
- On-going evaluation of the need for additional services for either clients or families to support and /or maintain the placement
- Assure that the needs of the client placed in the home are being met.
- Assure that the home is in compliance with safety standards.
- Be available for crisis interventions participate in the on-call rotation.
- Plan, facilitate, and implement treatment plans and periodic review reports and meetings quarterly. Maintain client electronic record.
- Participate in resource family trainings or client child care both monthly in-service and pre-service training as needed. Co-lead training classes, if needed.
- Assist in obtaining relevant assessment data, i.e. school records, assessment summaries, and other documents.
- Attend court reviews, compose court letters, and make recommendations to the court for Client care and permanency planning.
- Completes the Home Study process
Qualifications: An earned Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school in social work, psychology or a related field of study and/or equivalent work experience with adolescents. Valid driver’s license. Minimum 2 + years in child welfare/family service. Safe Home Certification highly desirable.
Benefits and Perks
All full-time and part-time employees are considered benefit eligible and are eligible for all Agency benefits. Temporary employees are considered not benefit eligible and are only eligible for paid time off under the Healthy and Safe Families and Workplaces Act.
- 12 holidays, 2-4 weeks vacation, 12 sick days, and 1 personal day
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of RI
- Fully funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) through London Health
- Delta Dental of RI
- VSP vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA): dependent care and health care through London Health
- Agency paid for New York Life/Cigna life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, and long-term disability
- Supplemental AFLAC insurance
- 401(k) plan: traditional and Roth deferrals, company contribution after 1 year
- Coastline EAP
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program - $2,000 per hired referral
- Discounted childcare available at Middletown building
- Discounted cell phone discount through Verizon Wireless
- Discounted pet insurance through Nationwide Insurance
- Discounted YMCA membership
- Discounted BJ's membership
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness eligible
- RI DOH license and bilingual salary stipends
- Shift differential for night shifts
- Direct deposit and employee self-services through Paycom
Offers of Employment
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful and favorable completion of:
- Rhode Island Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation (BCI)
- National fingerprint check
- Rhode Island Department of Children, Youth and Families (DCYF) Child Abuse and Neglect Tracking System (CANTS)
- Tuberculosis test
- COVID-19 vaccination
- For positions that require driving to/from client meetings and/or driving clients:
- Valid drivers license
- Motor vehicle record
- Vehicle registration
- Proof of insurance
- For positions within our Sandpipers program as required by the Rhode Island Department of Health:
- 1 dose of Flu vaccine every year
- 2 doses of MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccine
- 1 dose of Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccine
- 2 doses of Varicella (chickenpox) vaccine
Equal Employment Opportunity
Child & Family will not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender, gender identity, and sexual orientation), marital status, parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or any other protected category under local, state or federal law. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring, performance evaluation and management systems, promotions, training, and career development programs. Consistent with these obligations, the Agency also provides reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs, observances, and practices.
Child & Family strives to achieve a workforce that includes representation of qualified affirmative action group members in proportion to the qualified and available target group workforce in the community that we serve.