Therapeutic Integration Specialist
- Middletown, RI
- Full Time
- Entry Level
At Child & Family, we hold two core beliefs. That individuals and communities thrive when supported by strong families and that a community works best when it accepts responsibility for all of its members. These beliefs influence everything we do and have guided our growth since we first opened our doors in 1866.
Assist the classroom teachers and therapists in the physical and curricular arrangements for developmental group treatment of infants, toddlers and preschoolers with disabilities; provide individualized support to children with special health care needs to insure successful participation within the inclusive classroom environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Protect the rights and dignities of individuals with developmental disabilities and extend these rights and dignities to family members or guardians
- Provide direct services to identified child to enable inclusion and build skills
- Maintain and use assistive technology equipment as appropriate
- Assist in maintaining a parent-friendly environment in the classroom and center
- To ensure that all work is accomplished in a safe manner. This includes the safety of the employee as well as others who are using the facility
- Commits to organizational quality initiatives by participating in programs that will assure quality improvements and team processes. Participate in professional development activities and in-services as appropriate
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organization skills and
- Demonstrated competency to work with children with special health care needs
- Bachelor degree in Early Childhood Education or Special Education required; Masters degree preferred
- Two years’ supervised experience working with children with special health care needs
Benefits and Perks
The competitive benefits program offered by Child & Family includes, but is not limited to
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Worksite wellness programs
- Generous paid leave
- Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
Child & Family will not discriminate against any individual on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, color, race, creed, national origin, ancestry, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations, genetic predisposition or genetic carrier status, or any other protected category under local, state or federal law, nor will anyone receive special treatment for those reasons, except for reasonable accommodation as required by law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
C&F strives to achieve a workforce that includes representation of qualified affirmative action group members in proportion to the qualified and available target group workforce in the community that we serve.